Hi everyone. My name is Bayley Paharik. I am the Director and Founder of Hope Alive Ministry. I’m a 24 year old Christian whose faith grounds me in everything I do. I graduated in May 2015 with a Bachelor’s of Arts Degree in Communications.
I am very passionate about raising awareness of rare, life-threatening, and chronic diseases.
These diseases take so much away from these children, except their smile. All of these horrible diseases need a cure.
From following so many children on Facebook with various diseases, I began to know their families and want to help them.
I started making slideshows for children with all forms of childhood cancer along with the facts in September 2012.
Every year, I decided to make one slideshow on a specific disease and include children with the disease and those who passed away.
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and Leukodystrophy Awareness Month.
September 2014, I made a slideshow for children who have cancer and who passed away from cancer once again.
Click here to see it.
I also made a slideshow about children with cancer and who passed away from cancer in September 2015 in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
Click here to see it.
As of February 2016, I have made a slideshow featuring children battling Leukodystrophies and who passed away from Leukodystrophies. Click here to see it. I also made a Rare Disease Day Slideshow for Rare Disease Day featuring children battling rare diseases and those who passed away from them along with facts about rare diseases. Click here to see it.
In April 2016, together with my team, we released a survey for people to fill out giving suggestions as well as how active they are on our social media sites. We also created a closed Facebook group for people who are committed to our cause called “Hope Alive Ministry Champions” where people can find out insider information, ways to help, and offer suggestions. Both of these avenues are designed to improve our internal and external communications and to reach a wider audience.
I find tremendous hope through these children and families. My goal through Hope Alive Ministry is to inspire these families to have hope despite life’s storms. There is hope, but sometimes we have to search for it.
I want everyone to know that if you are committed to something, anything is possible and God will make it happen.
My goals for Hope Alive Ministry are:
1. To honor God in everything I say and do.
2. To encourage young people like myself to make a difference.
3. To reach out to grieving families who might need a boast of hope. This will be done through different projects throughout the years and will be announced in more depth in the future.
4. To support families who have someone with a life-threatening illness & chronic illness by posting information about their loved one’s disease on this blog and on Facebook.
5. To raise awareness of some life-threatening & chronic illnesses.
6. To continue to host events online and off as a way to bring hope to people in a variety of settings like awareness events and other events.
7. To be a friend to anyone who needs it. I want to listen to, pray for, and support everyone who simply needs a friend.
May God Bless you and remember to: “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.” ~ Romans 12:12