Through HAM’s five years, we have come across some pretty inspirational families facing life-threatening and chronic illnesses.
1. Anniston Bazar – FB page: Always Anniston – She’s battling Krabbe Disease, a neurological disease that affects the white matter of the brain and is usually fatal by age 2 – She will turn 3 in April, so is beating the odds. Her parents keep her Facebook page very positive and just are an amazing family.
2. Tripp Halstead – FB page: Tripp Halstead Updates – He is 6 years old and suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in October 2012 due to a limb falling on his head at daycare. His family keeps smiling, though.
3. Emily Cepkauskas – FB page: Emily’s Heart – She turned 1 on January 30 and has Down Syndrome which isn’t really a disease, but battling a Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) which is chronic and had two open heart surgeries to repair it. Her family stays very positive.
4. Nate McKinley – FB page: Pray for Nate He recently turned 4 and has been battling Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) since last May. His family stays positive throughout.
5. Ella D’Angelo – FB page: Team Ella – She will turn 5 years old in April and is battling several life-threatening conditions. Her mom is very positive and inspirational.
If you haven’t visited these families Facebook pages please do so and show your support and encouragement. You will help brighten their day and are important to them, more than you realize.