Here are some Valentine cards made during out Valentine Card Party held on Saturday, January 28, 2017.
Winning Cards were:
1. Best Teen Card: “I have heart eyes for you!” – Emoji! made by Tara Dinsmore
2. Best Kid Card: “All the animals love you!” made by our Founder, Bayley Paharik
3. Best Staff Card: “Your hands bring healing. Happy Valentine’s Day to someone who brings love to others.” made by Ann Rodgers
4. Best Phrase: “For bringing comfort hope and healing to so many, you are everyone’s Valentine.” made by Ann Rodgers
5. Best Overall Design: “Hearts bursting with love for you.” made by Sharon Hackman
Total cards made at Valentine card party hosted at our founder, Bayley Paharik’s house on Saturday, January 28 were 101. A friend of Bayley’s made 87 other cards, so that’s a total of 188 Valentine cards so far. We made some more this afternoon too, so now have 212 cards total. If you want to make homemade Valentine cards, you can send us them by Saturday, February 4. You may include cards for staff and patients – include teens as well.
Here are the instructions:
1. Please avoid any religious messages per hospital policy.
2. Please avoid anything about sickness such as “I’m so sorry you are sick” or “Get well soon.” – A lot of the children who will be receiving the cards have terminal illnesses.
3. Keep messages positive and hope filled!
Be creative! You may use stickers, but please use Valentine stickers and you may use a variety of stickers as the cards will go to little kids all the way up to teens including staff.
Please incude your name on the envelope, so we know who to thank for the cards and put Hope Alive Ministry somewhere on the envelope.
*You may use any paper you have, but we prefer cardstock since it’s better for mailing.
The cards will be sent to the Child Life Department at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and Family House Pittsburgh – Shadyside location (Family House is an organization similar to Ronald McDonald House in Pittsburgh, PA) to the patients and staff there.
If you are interested in participating in this project, please use the “Contact Us” tab on this blog to get the address to send the cards to. Our Founder, Bayley Paharik, will receive and then mail out all the cards.