If you have been following us for awhile you might remember our “Family of the Month” feature on this blog where we featured one family every month who has a child with a life-threatening or chronic illness. We took a lengthy break from it, but would like to start it back up this month.
If you have a child with a life-threatening or chronic illness or a child who passed away from one and are interested for your child to be featured in our “Family of the Month” feature on our blog, please send us the following to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Family of the Month February 2017“:
1. Your child’s birthday and current age or age they were when they passed away (if application!)
2. a picture of your child when you found out he/she had their diagnosis and now along with a picture of your family or a picture of your child before they passed away
3. Your child’s favorite thing/s to do or what your child enjoyed doing
4. What you like to do as fun as a family
5. How you found out he/she had their diagnosis (Optional, but recommended for awareness purposes).
6. Your story of faith throughout his/her journey with their diagnosis in a paragraph or two or your journey of faith after your child passed away (How your faith has grown through your child’s journey/diagnosis or passing despite the storms you still face)
7. Sibling’s 1st names & ages if they have any (Optional)
8. Something you wished you knew before your child’s diagnosis that you know now and want every family who has a child with his/her diagnosis like what you’ve learned about how to cherish life due to your child being diagnosed with their diagnosis to know (Where it is that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, etc.)
9. One thing in a paragraph or two about what you’ve learned through your child’s journey/diagnosis.
10. If they have a Facebook or Caringbridge link, please share the link with us in your email.
Please send all pictures via .jpg and the pictures separate (in an attachment) from the other information.
We will then feature it on this blog during the month. We try to feature a family who has a child with the disease that is the awareness during that month, so next month (February) we’ll focus on rare diseases since Rare Disease Day is February 28. If a month doesn’t have a specific awareness month, we will choose a family who has a child with a birthday that month to feature.
The child must currently be between 0-18 years of age or between those ages when the child passed away. Also, you must be related to the child in some way. If you are not the parent or legal guardian of the child, you must have the parent or legal guardian’s permission to post.
Your entry will be posted onto the “Family of the Month” tab under the “Support” main tab on this blog.
Thank you for allowing us to support your family!