There are several amazing organizations that help support special needs families.
Here are 5 of our favorites:
1. Parent to Parent USA – a buddy program where a parent is set up with another parent who has a child with the same disability
2. Gracie’s Gowns – sends free custom made hospital gowns to children with life-threatening illnesses
3. Santa’s Little Hackers – sends children with special needs an adaptive toy for free at Christmas time
4. Parker Lee Project – provides medical supplies and equipment to children at no cost to the families
5. McLindon Family Foundation – provides adaptive bikes for children with special needs
We will also have more programs in the future to better support families facing life-threatening and chronic illnesses like our “Hope Boxes” program we will be launching in the near future.