It is important to spread joy to others everyday, but especially during the holiday season. The holidays can be a very lonely time for some people, so here are some simple ways you can bring cheer.
1. Bake cookies – Bake cookies for your neighbors, friends, or local fire/police department.
2. Send cards to someone going through a hard time.
3. Smile at the cashiers. – It is a hard job especially during the holiday season when some people can be mean. Smiling at them can make their day.
4. Pay for someone behind you in the drive-thru.
5. Offer to buy a hot beverage for someone who is holding up a sign for a store. – They are standing for hours in the cold and this could make their day. They may say no, but you probably will bring them joy by offering.
These are things that you can do all throughout the year, but please try to do at least one this holiday season. It can bring you joy and the person you helped as well.