This holiday season can be so crazy it’s easy to forget to slow down and cherish doing things together that create wonderful memories. As you go about your holiday season try to do things with someone else to help create lasting memories. Here are some ways you can get together:
- Choose a Christmas tree
- Decorate the Christmas tree
- Go through old photographs from past Christmases
- Send out Christmas cards
- Go shopping – Buy gifts for family members or someone in need. Some churches have an angel tree where you pick a name off the tree and buy for that person in need.
- Stay in for dinner and have the family pitch in to make a meal
- Unplug from electronic devices
- Play card and board games
- Sit by a fire and tell family memories and really listen to each other
- Do crafts
- Wrap gifts
- Read a Shakespearean play with family members acting out parts
- Have young children put on a play for you while the family watches
- If there is snow, build a snow fort, snow tunnels, or snowman, or even a snowman and his family, have a snowball fight
- Put together a jigsaw puzzle
- Read Christmas books together as a family
- Read the Nativity story in the Bible
- Bake cookies
Remember that life is short, so enjoy every moment you can spend with your family making memories.
How do you make memories with your family during the holiday season?