How many of you have experienced tragedy? How many of you have asked God for help during your tragedy? How many of you have thanked God even though your tragedy? How many of you have blamed God because of your tragedy?
If you have answered yes to any one of these questions, you’re not alone. If you have answered no to any of the above questions, you’re not alone. I imagine most have said: “Yes” to the first one. Some might have said yes even during the 2nd one. Others might have said yes to thanking God through your tragedy and most probably said yes to the last one. I’m not judging you if you did because you are only human.
But what is God’s take on tragedy? How does God respond when His people are suffering? Does God still care even when we suffer?
I say He still cares when we suffer. In fact, I’ll take it so far as saying He cries when His people are suffering. And He wants us to lean on Him during hard times.
The Bible calls each of us to praise God in good times and bad. (Ecclesiastes 7:14)
That’s not always easy. Is it?
How can I cope with tragedy?
1. Pray to God. He’s the comforter of all.
2. Join a prayer group at your church or a local church in your community. * This can really
help you have a great support system.
3. Read the Bible especially Psalms, Proverbs, and Ecclesiastes.
4. Talk to a friend. * You don’t have to be alone through tragedy. A true friend will be there for
you no matter what.
5. Know that it’s okay to cry. You don’t have to be strong all the time. No one is.
What does the Bible say about tragedy? Click here for Bible verses.
Know I’m praying for you always.